Following the OFSTED visit in June 2019, we received the following feedback on our emerging careers strategy:
The quality of careers advice and guidance that pupils receive is good. Most pupils move into education, employment or training.
The high-quality careers education ensures that pupils are well prepared for the next stage in their career. The proportion of pupils who move to appropriate destinations is higher than the national average.
Ofsted, June 2019.
Our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme is now being further enhanced to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks, developed following national and international research and seen as the gold standard in careers provision.
Click on the images below for more information
Our aim is to support all of our students to explore the many career options available to them, and to equip them with the key skills, adaptability and resilience they need to embrace future opportunities. Follow the links on the right for more information.
The school’s Careers Programme is overseen by our Careers Lead (Ms Kosasih) and our Careers Coordinator (Mr Barry).
- Support is provided by the Greater Manchester Careers and Enterprise Advisor Network, which appoints Enterprise Coordinators and Advisors from local industry to link the school with local employers.
- We are also supported by the Stockport Careers Officer, Ms McGowan, who holds individual interviews with Year 11 pupils.
- Personal Welfare and Citizenship staff deliver Careers lessons.
- Form Tutors hold discussions on Personal Finance and Careers throughout the year.
- All staff members are being trained to understand the importance of GMACS and to be able to support students if required.